FINANCE AND OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
As a Finance Coordinator, you’ll be responsible all accounting activities related to income auditing, cashiering, AP processing, A/R collection, tax compliance, payroll and month end processing so as to ensure financial controls, accurate reporting and hotel profitability.
Key responsibilities of a Finance Coordinator include:
• Processing timely and accurate biweekly payroll, including time edits, tip declaration, gratuity distributions and incentive disbursements in compliance with state and federal labor laws
• Processing invoices and accounts payables requests twice weekly
• Performing daily income auditing and revenue posting
• Completing daily bank deposits
• Reconciling cash and credit card deposits on a daily basis
• Performing accounts receivables functions twice weekly to include: accounts receivables billing, posting payments and making collection calls
• Performing month-end processing duties to include: completing appropriate month-end inventories and verifying accuracy as needed, ensuring that occupancy and sales tax are balanced monthly, submitting proper tax exemption paperwork to the corporate office, and posting adjusting journal entries and accruals by the fifth of the month
• Partnering with corporate Human Resources in order to ensure that associate files are maintained in compliance with state and federal law
The ideal Finance Coordinator candidate will be detail oriented and highly analytical with at least 1-2 years experience in an accounting position.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting programs
• One to two years in a Front Office, Night Audit or Accounting position highly preferred
• Ability and desire to acquire extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities
• Ability to multi-task in a high-traffic environment
• Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
• Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos
BIG DATA ANALYST
Propose, investigate, develop and refine new analytic capabilities for deployment in the business. Build algorithms, tools and custom solutions for use by business analysts and forecasters.
Manipulate and analyze large data sets using industry standard tools and techniques. Extract quantitative and qualitative findings from large data sets.
Architect, build and prototype new data models and pipelines that deliver intuitive analytics to our customers.
Maintain an understanding of division strategic goals, business challenges and customer needs to support identification and development of novel analytic approaches that solve key business problems.
Prepare and present findings of investigations to management, including executives. The ability crisply articulate technical topics to a lay audience is a must.
Train partner teams on use of new analytic tools and methods.
Engage partner teams and directors of partner teams, as needed, to secure additional resources (funding, tools, people) to drive success of key projects (or to meet key deadlines).
Actively track and report progress against key objectives – use of formal program/project management capabilities is desired.
Proactively assist other team members, as required, to drive the success of the team.
Education and Experience Required:
This is a senior analyst position, one that requires a minimum of 8 – 10 years of post-graduate work experience to be considered as a viable candidate.
Several years of post-advanced degree experience leading data analysis and business analysis projects is preferred.
Advanced university degree (e.g., MS, MBA, PhD) is highly preferred; undergraduate degree is a minimum requirement.
Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Advanced Analytics, etc.) or demonstrable experience in advanced analytics is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Expert experience with data modeling and Big Data solutions.
Solid experience in investigative analysis and technical debugging, ability to troubleshoot and identify root cause.
Knowledge of applied statistics, machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics.
Expert-level experience in data analysis and visualization toolkits (R, SAS, Python, Tableau). Fluency in SQL.
Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, identify appropriate data techniques and perform rigorous analyses to deliver new insights and solve business problems.
Experience applying critical thinking to analyze processes and data anomalies to diagnose data issues.
Very strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate findings to stakeholders and document project steps in detail (also, the ability to communicate technical projects to non-technical stakeholders and sponsors).
Ability to work individually, as well as partner with small teams of Data Analysts or Data Scientists during all stages of projects, including planning and execution.
Ability to independently manage complex project objectives and complete multiple, simultaneous project tasks with little supervision.
Familiarity working with large-scale datasets and big data techniques.
Strong program and project management training and experience (including keen knowledge of toolsets).
Experience with AWS ecosystem a plus.
Thanks for your interest in Brainsole. Send us your CV to with job title and we’ll be in touch with you shortly.